Sunday, November 29, 2009

Quick Trip Home

It was our plan to go to Winnipeg to visit Danielle (George's daughter) & her family on Oct 30. I got word from Gwen that Consorcia was in the Cross Cancer Hospital so I quickly changed my flight so that I could have a stop-over in Edmonton to visit her, arriving in Edmonton on the 27th. Shelby picked me up at the airport & took me to see Consorcia that day. She recognized me but spoke only a few 'quiet' words; she was not doing well but her eyes spoke a thousand words (as they can). I visited on the three days following & had a chance to offer maybe a teeeny bit of comfort by massaging her feet, shoulders, arms, feeding her & talking to her. I left for Winnipeg on the 30th.
Consorcia, dear friend & fellow poet, passed away quietly on Nov 07, her family all with her. I am so grateful I was able to get to see her before that. She touched & influenced so many lives during her time here & I will remember & miss her.
This picture was taken in June/09 when I visited her at her home in Sherwood Park. She was doing so well. It's quite hard to believe in 5 short months after this picture she was gone.
Thanks to Shelby for letting me use her car while I was home........I otherwise may not have been able to get up to the hospital each day I was home.
I got to visit Joan, my family, Linda & Twilla while in Sherwood Park. It was a short stay but glad I got the chance to be there.

1 comment:

Twilla Boyce said...

I'm so glad you were able to visit her. I know it made all the difference to her. I take comfort in knowing she is with her beloved husband and the God she served. She was a wonderful person and I'm sorry for her family who will, no doubt, miss her smiling face.