Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Missing My Family

I am especially missing my little family this beautiful sunny (first one in a long time) day!
Sometimes I just need to be close; feel a hug; see their smile; hear their voices; look at them. Some days I miss them more than others.
She has a grand sense of humour and an attitude when things don't turn out that says "well, we'll just have to do something about this". Thinking of my beautiful granddaughter with the long red hair, I can hear the bright happy smile in her voice, I can listen to the sparkle of those eyes in her laughter, I can feel the sound of her voice in the giant hugs we share; all imaginary because we are so far apart; all real because of the love we share that keeps us close always. Today I feel like I need to be with you to share even just a few precious minutes together. Across the miles, today as every other day, I am wrapping you with love and spending those few precious minutes with you. I hope your day is blessed with special circumstance. I miss you and I love you!
He has a quiet understanding of many things I would not have thought to be, and after contemplation he discovers answers that sometimes have escaped me. As I think of my special 'little and younger' grandson I miss his attempt to avoid my granny hugs and kisses; notice I said 'attempt' because I always manage to get in at least a couple even though he does his best to avoid them, all the while loving the attention they bring his way (as he grins behind his sleeve). When I am quick enough I can catch your almost patient way as you try to teach me something you have learned but seems to have dodged my grasp; yes, if I am quick enough. Over the mountains I am sending a cloud of love to sprinkle down on you as you are ready to accept it so I can spend little bits of time with you when you are ready. I wish your day be filled with special moments just for you. I miss you and I love you!
His presence in the room cannot be ignored, not just because of his size but because of the 'hello, I'm happy to be here' tone radiating from him. Thoughts of my oldest grandson instill the wish to have him close, bring back the voice that said "I need a granny hug". I always gave the granny hug but received back from him the biggest bear hug ever. It made me feel enclosed and protected. Hearing the openness in the songs he sang as he played his guitar leaked a piece of him into our lives and brought rays of sunshine through our window. As my thoughts wander, I want to be near you, to hear your voice, to see your smile, to feel your hug; just images because we are far apart; real because of the bond we share. Across the distance I am sending sunshine and protecting you with a blanket of love so that I can keep you near. I want for you, a day filled with special substance. I miss you and I love you!
She passes through the day in a flurry; not worrying too much about her needs; trying to be everything to everyone; fitting 26 hours into the usual day; taking charge of everything on her path and some things on other paths. Pausing often to think of my beautiful daughter I miss the times we used to share. I miss the cheery attitude and determination to find a way to make things work; her motto 'where there's a will there's a way'. I admire the way she seems able to pick herself up, get dusted off after an avalanche and move along. If wishes came true just by having them I'd sit with you awhile right now; laugh at something silly; bake a pie; have a chat. On the wind across the miles that separate us I'm sending you special moonbeams and raindrops to shower you with love so we can be close. May your day be filled with beauty. I miss you and I love you!
She has left life as we know it; but with me every minute in my heart. If there was a way I would give anything to hear your laughter just one more time; hear you say "Hi mom, how was your day?"; give the hugs you most needed and never got enough of. It can't be, but I spend time with you in a special way every single day. I send you thoughts and listen closely to yours; even though not so here, I know there are no sad 'tears in heaven'. I miss you and I love you!

No comments: