Sunday, December 15, 2013

The BOSS That Wasn't

THE BOSS......
 
Hmmmmm let's see; over the years there have been bosses in my life I would have walked on hot coals for; bosses I would have gladly run over; bosses I tried my very best to ignore; bosses I learned from; bosses I gave lessons to. During my working years I was fortunate to have worked with some for whom I have great respect for...(still today).
Occasionally we all (I am sure) encounter a boss who is less than desirable in terms of 'boss material'.
How about a person in charge of the entire operation who leaves for vacation and doesn't inform anyone until the end of the day before he is to be gone. Very inconsiderate especially when he holds the purse strings, the signing authority and ALL the SAY.
How about a person who makes plans, changes and decisions regarding your position without telling you he has made these changes; you find out only by chance when you enquire about something unrelated.
How about someone who will not contribute to flowers for an employee who is in hospital (nor does he send flowers on his own).
How about a boss who will not give his receptionists (at Christmas time) even a box of chocolates when others (technicians) in the company get performance bonuses based on the performance of the company.
How about a boss who walks right past your office door on his way in and doesn't even acknowledge you with a good morning........leaves at night past the very same door without a good bye, good night, or see you tomorrow.
How about a boss who displays all the traits of a 'male chauvinist' as he looks towards a male co-worker even when replying to a question you (a female) have asked (just as if you don't exist).
How about it; how about it; how about it...........? I had a boss who was all of the above and more.........he was the BOSS that WASN'T as far as I'm concerned and will never have even one ounce of my respect. Now I got that off my chest he can go to hell and I can forget him and never be frustrated over his stupidity again ever, ever, ever.....!
My last day at Pentlands was December 10, 2013 !!
And he said to me when I gave my notice.................."Why?"
 

No comments: