Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tell Me There is Time to Smell the Roses

I'm tired, tired, tired.
It seems to me........things just keep moving faster 'n faster and I just get behinder 'n behinder; the harder I try and the faster I go, the more I can't get done and the behinder I get.
What's up with that? Is it just me or does life just seem to keep speeding up? I have the very best intentions but there seems never enough time to get done what I have promised myself I will do........AND I feel so very tired. Perhaps it's just time I retired, I'm just not quite sure!
Some people say "you just need to be more organized"............well, I consider myself a pretty organized person so it isn't just a matter of getting more organized; it's more than that.
Working full time has always taken up a good portion of my day; my life. It seems now that even though it is taking up the same good portion of my day, my life, I have much less time left over to accomplish just the necessities not to mention those things I would 'like' to do. Thinking back to the years when my family was young, I worked, took classes, cooked meals, cleaned house, did laundry, cared for the kids, got the kids to their lessons etc, did the grocery shopping..........all with little help from my partner. Now I have no children to care for and a partner who helps with everything but it feels like I have no time to get the tasks done and no energy to do them if I did have the time. It's all very bewildering.
Taking time to smell the roses has taken on a more special meaning for me today than it had even yesterday. Intending to smell the roses is no longer good enough; it seems I must smell the roses as soon as I think of doing it or the opportunity is gone.......pooooooof gone in the blink of an eye.

1 comment:

Linda J said...

It's a fast paced life and we make it that way for ourselves. I like to be reminded that I "need to stop and smell the roses" although, I would just retort: "most of my journey is sweet at the moment and really, there is no time."

lol take care and rejuvenate