Monday, December 12, 2011

Home For Christmas

Soon we will be on our way 'home for Christmas'. There is something special about that phrase; something warm and inviting; something nostalgic; something surely reminiscent of past Christmases that are worthy of remembering.
In any event (and even though I am already HOME as George so often reminds me) I am looking forward to going 'home for Christmas' this year to be with my family. I haven't been back to celebrate Christmas since I came out here to Surrey in 2007. It will be nice to be in Alberta for this 'Merry Christmas' season.
Hopefully we will get a chance to drive down Candy Cane Lane to see all the lights and decorations; perhaps see the parliament buildings; maybe build a snowman; take a sleigh ride behind the quad; have a snow ball fight or whatever happens to touch our funny bone.........and of course a wonderful chance to remember Christmas past with family.
Alberta, make room............we will soon be on our way!

No comments: