Sunday, January 29, 2012

Last Wishes of a Best Friend

On facebook I found this writing and was very touched by it.........I want to share it.......don't want to lose it (It accompanied the picture of a sleeping dog) and it went like this:
Before humans die, they write their last Will & Testament, give their home & all they have, to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask.......
To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:
- My happy home.
- My bowl & cozy bed, soft pillows & all my toys.
- The lap, which I loved so much.
- The hand that stroked my fur & the sweet voice which spoke my name.
I'd will to the sad, scared shelter dog or cat, the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.
So, when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand."
Instead, go find an unloved dog or cat, one whose life has held no joy or hope and give MY place to HIM.
This is the only thing I can give......the love I left behind.

No comments: