Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Home....My Sanctuary

Home is more than a house. Descriptions enclosed and entwined, home is a warm, loving, familiar and safe place; welcomes me, wraps me, holds me and shelters me; is shared with other loving person/s.
Warm means friendly and inviting with surroundings that say 'I like you being here, please relax, sit as long as you wish, let the stresses of the day tumble from your back'.
Loving means there is nothing 'in the air' that will evoke negative feelings which exclude but rather an atmosphere of being included, cared for, wanted and needed.
Familiar means that I can move about in the dark (or with my eyes closed) and get where I want without stubbing my toe or tripping over a shoe. I can find my shirt hanging in the closet without having to search or wonder where it might be. It means if I decide on a whim I want to have popcorn I can go directly to where it is in the cupboard. It means that if I tell my company they can find extra towels in the closet on the second shelf, that's where they will find them. It means I am accustomed to my surroundings, I know them intimately and I can find my favorite coffee mug whenever I want it (even though it may not be exactly where I thought I left it).
Safe means I can enter, close and latch the door on the world and feel protected from everything on the other side of that door; safe from any and all the monsters that might be out there and want a piece of me or wish to steal precious time from me.
My home welcomes me with open arms; places no expectations on me. It wraps me in a blanket of warm fuzzies; lets me rest my head & holds me tenderly; shelters me until I have strength to venture forward again.
Mostly, my home is a home because I share it with someone very special; someone who loves me; someone who I love very much
My home is my castle..........my sanctuary and so should yours be.

1 comment:

Linda J said...

Whether alone or with someone, you describe the sanctum of home to many people. It's where you hang your hat and where your heart is... beautiful post that resonates with your happiness :)