Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Whew............!!

Well it seems some days have passed by since I last wrote; now I sit in front of this blank screen (and it closely resembles my mind). So many days have gone, so many things have happened & I know not where to begin (but begin/begun I have, it seems).
What a summer........but we got moved and are finally 'mostly' settled in our new place. Now it's fall.......soon-to-be winter........my word!
July was a busy crazy time with prospective buyers for the house intruding in our lives for most of the month. Finally a sale and we were left at peace! Well, peace to make our own craziness..........sorting, packing etc.
August was more of the same. Aaron returned from the summer in Sherwood Park. It was nice to have him back; I missed him. (Unfortunately, I believe he will be transferring to U of A next year so I won't have the pleasure of his presence close by & I shall surely miss him.)
Shelby and Nicki visited in August. I was glad to have them; we enjoyed their visit. We did a day in Victoria which was very nice; glad we were able to take them to see a few things on the island.
September.......barely moved and a quick trip to Edmonton to visit family who came out from London, ON. It was so nice to see them again after many years. Hopefully we can do it again before too long. I didn't get to visit friends while I was home though (well except for a day with Joan which was most delightful). A nice birthday celebration gave me time with my family from AB & that was great.
October brought an end to my job assignment with the Care Home in Aldergrove. I had considered employment with the company but that didn't work out which I can see now was definitely for the best. It was one more experience for me to add to my 'life's little book of learning' to be tucked away & drawn upon as needed. If it happens that I must spend my last days in one of those places so be it, but I so hope that never comes to pass.
Hmm, I got started again......!.....:).....there is light!

1 comment:

Linda J said...

Welcome back Grace - and wow, I can't believe it's been since July that you've been here! Frick time goes by so quickly, and time it means so much...oops breakin' out in song... Glad you are moved, sorry we didn't connect when we were in town, but now back to the words, my girl... p.s. wanna buy some books? :)