Saturday, June 16, 2012

Will That Be Filled or Pulled

June 14
Ah yes, that most enjoyable of events; the visit to the dentist. Over the years I have met some extremely nice dentists but I am still unable to bring myself to be happy about seeing them (however nice). I have never met anyone who has expressed joyous anticipation over a visit to their dentist; have you?
As I think about it, the dentists must feel bad that people don't look forward to seeing them...........or do they know? Hmmmmmm, perhaps I will ask my dentist when I visit tomorrow. What shall I say?........."Where you aware that nobody likes a visit to your chair?".........Well, I will think of something I am sure.
Tomorrow I am having bone grafting done in preparation for implants; not exactly sure why I am putting myself through this seriously expensive procedure but I have made the decision and there's seems to be no turning back now.
To prepare for this big event I needed to get a prescription (which turned out to be four different things)..........instructions for which I needed to call to have clarified. Gone are the days of the two dental choices; will that be filled or pulled?
The possibilities for dental fixes today are quite amazing.
June 15
Procedure done, day half gone, drink for lunch, freezing out and now I am really wondering now why I decided to do this grafting thing. For the moment it is very painful; hope it improves soon; Ava's birthday party tomorrow (hoping I feel like attending).
Dinner time; another drink for dinner; got a bit of rest during the afternoon; feeling much better; should be ok for Ava's party.
June 16
Three am; can't sleep (not because of mouth).
Just occurred to me that I visited the dentist and neglected to ask whether she knew that nobody liked to visit her. While waiting to be called in for my appointment though, I read, in a magazine, an article done about my dental company wherin they covered and commented on that very thing & how they were trying to find ways to put people at ease over dental visits. Good luck; you surely haven't done that for me yet; maybe if I had had implants when I was born none of this would have to happen now. (Think of the money saved over the years). Ridiculous idea you think?........maybe not.......and who knows what may happen in the future. After all the concept of 'Will that be filled or pulled' is forever gone and been replaced with todays many amazing options. One day we may be able to switch out our teeth to match our outfit (like we do shoes).
OK OK I will quit now.........will just wait for healing, stitch removal, then the next procedure in this long process.

No comments: