Thursday, October 22, 2009

World of Magical Red Stars

First ever post for Turbo Granny October 22, 2009.
A wonderland of falling red stars, ever-so-slowly floating down, surrounded us yesterday when I walked with Mocha in the afternoon. It had rained in the morning; the ground was wet; the leaves (mostly bright red maple) made a beautiful colored blanket for us to walk on. A small wind came up as we walked which lightly shook the trees, sending tiny wet droplets down on our heads & red leaves falling all around us. I got lost in the scene for a few special moments. It was almost like a dream. The red leaves resembled red stars falling down around us. It may be a scene I won't experience again in my lifetime.........it seemed that magical. I wish I could have shared it with you; instead I just feel so inadequate to even describe it!

1 comment:

Twilla Boyce said...

ahhhhh, falling leaves. One of my very favorite things. I can remember a time when they fell around me like rain. It is surreal. I'm glad you and Mocha were able to share that magical moment.