Friday, October 23, 2009

More Than Meets the Eye

Words aren't easy to find as I share a story about a football coach who shouldn't (in my opinion) be coaching impressionable young men. I learned yesterday that SFU Clan Football Team has had to forfeit two wins because the coach allowed an ineligible player a spot in these games. Story can be found on http://www.canadawest.org/. This is not an inexperienced coach & I am certain that he knows the rules only too well................he was just trying to 'get-away-with' something he knew very well was not allowed by the league. The incident was not a first for this coach but this action has let down the entire team..........I hope all the players recognize him for what he is & don't buy into his excuse that the 'league is angry & picking on us because we are moving into the American NCAA league'. It angers me that the young men from this football team will be going out into the world with the teachings and example of this coach 'in hand'. More words really escape me!!

1 comment:

Twilla Boyce said...

We can only hope and pray that we have served these young people well enough as good examples that they can recognize the poor examples right away.