Monday, April 19, 2010

They Say.........

THEY say the dog did it..........No, NOT ME!!

Who is THEY.........?

The wise one who has all the correct answers, knows all the right people, can fix anything that has gone wrong, can explain away mistakes......
They used to live in my house and was the constant companion of the person I was once married to........'They say that you should always eat your bread with the buttered side down'. He would drop comments like that one whenever he was stuck for an answer or had to offer back up for something he had just stated as fact. A conversation might go something like this......"You should always go to the bathroom before you eat or you might attract flies"......"hmmmmm" I would comment "and where does this wise advice come from?" "Well I don't know that's what they say." I would ALWAYS ask and NEVER get an answer "Who the heck is THEY?" That question hung in the air a lot. The stupid comments claimed to have come from THEY hung in the air a lot as well.
THEY, I'm sure must be kin to NOT ME, who gets blamed for many many things that happen and shouldn't have. You know the one....."Who left the frying pan on the burner with the power turned on?".......followed by replies (all identical) from three kids "NOT ME".
I would surely like to meet those in the group THEY as well as NOT ME. I could get some things clarified!

1 comment:

Linda J said...

Not me! Don't want to meet they...

pompous know-it-all and doer-of-nothing

:)