Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Visit to My Other Home (First Week)

Imagine having no place to go at the end of your day........

Home........many & sometimes elusive words to define HOME.......I live in Surrey (my home now) with my love & partner. I visited my 'Other' Home (where I used to live, where I have family, where I have many friends, where a piece of my heart still lives). I call it my other home, not to take away from my home in Surrey but because a piece of my heart will always call Alberta 'home'.........many & sometimes elusive words to define HOME. Enough about that (maybe a topic for another blurb)!
I had a wonderful visit and I first of all all have to thank both Tammy and Shelby for letting me use their vehicle from time to time. Also to the others who so generously picked me up to have a visit or attend some function or other......Karen, Twilla, thank you so much!!
We arrived in Edmonton about 4:00 Thursday Mar 11. From the airport we went to Tammy's for dinner then to watch Benji(e)'s riding lesson, back to Tam's for a short visit then to bed & sleeeeep.
A kind of lazy day was Friday; lunch with Tam then out to see Benji(e)'s foal. Benji(e) won a foal at a fundraising event out in the community where their farm is. He was overjoyed with that & very excited for us to visit his horse which he named 'Bolt'. He is learning to care for his horse; hopefully he will enjoy many happy hours with his 'Bolt'.
Saturday we attended the get together in celebration of Consorcia's life. The tribute to her brought back memories of times with her. She will be missed by many people and especially her family. After the celebration we had a nice visit with Carl & Shirley. (Slowly George was getting to meet all the folk from my other home.)
Joan (on Sunday) made us a wonderful vegetable stir fry to go with rice and shrimp......yummy good! As well we had a nice relaxing visit with her.
Lunch on Monday with Sherran & Gordon, Vi and Ruth (Judy to me) to catch up on on all the news in the Carr family. It was great to see them all again since years have past since visiting them. After lunch George & I drove to Rosalia's (my hairdresser when I was in Alberta) & luckily she was open (on a Monday) and she was working so it was wonderful to see her again as well. Esta, her daughter who works with her was not in. That was disappointing but so far we were lucky to hook up with as many people as we had......(doing good)!
Karen & Ross met us for lunch at Kelsie's on Tuesday.......another nice time & enjoyable visit. That evening after dinner Shelby drove us to the airport so George could catch his flight (wish he could have stayed longer) & he was off back to Surrey & home. After dropping him off at the airport I joined the Writers' Group at the library for their second (informal) meeting of the month. I got to hear a varied group of writers as well as read a couple of my own poems......enjoyed the time with them.
Twilla picked me up on Wednesday & we had lunch and again another nice visit. A trip to the farm to see 'Bolt' in the afternoon & that took care of Wednesday.
Phew.....a busy week......time was just zippin' by!

1 comment:

Linda J said...

Busy! Busy! Busy!

I'm glad you could join us for the writers group meeting :)

Also glad Benji(e) has a foal - lucky boy! (Your newsletter reported a "foul" so I wasn't quite as jealous! :P )

continued.......