Friday, April 30, 2010

Home James

Just take me home he says...........
As I watch them unload the pickup and put his things into the garage, I feel sad that another year has passed and now my 'Special Little Man' will be going home for the summer.....or perhaps longer (the jury is still out on that yet).
Aaron had some trials getting his things packed away and moved this time.......he wasn't able to get a U-Haul (end of the month and all).......he was finally able to rent a pickup truck which served his purpose well. So he loaded up and brought his stuff to our garage for storage.
This has been a trying year for Aaron I think & he is looking forward to going home for a while.......(home; the place we long for when things are not just what we think they should be). I hope this summer will provide him the breather he needs, time with old friends, time with family, time to recharge & be able to make decisions about his next year of education (where he wants that to be).
From a purely 'personal' perspective I will be extremely sad if he decides not to return to Simon Fraser University in the fall. We came to BC near the same time & it has been wonderful to have him here close by. If he decides not to return he will of course have my support for whatever his choice.........it's just that I will feel very sad without him here. We have so enjoyed being able to see his games, have him & Katie over for dinner & visits, go to movies etc. Together we have made many fond entries for our memory book!
So.....onward you go young man with our love and support. Enjoy your summer!

1 comment:

Linda J said...

awww that's a tough one - all the best to Aaron, though, and you... you will be fine.