Saturday, December 29, 2012

Still Here

Well now, December 21st came, went and the world didn't END......we are all still here..........but I guess I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.
Tried to get on line (finally got a password to use hotel WiFi) and it seemed to work ok.....little did we know this would be our first of only two successful attempts to get on line. Oh well......................(that certainly wouldn't be the end of the world either I guess).

Another walk today in the morning to the mall, just to have a look around at the shops. I really notice that public safety doesn't appear to be an important issue in Mexico.......the sidewalks are an obstacle course at best and can be quite precarious if you don't pay attention to the holes and broken cement, the obstacles sticking up right in the middle of the walk, the almost invisible wires strung across areas (I could go on and on....:)..........walking in the mall I was just gazing around when George alerted me to what could have caused a serious accident; the floor dropped off about a foot and a half in front of us without a hint of any warning signs...........whew! Interesting place, but the truth is that in Mexico people are actually responsible for their own actions and you would not be able to sue the city for example, for a skinned knee, after having tripped over a broken section of sidewalk. Not an entirely bad concept. If the same were true in Canada and US I could actually go into a restaurant and be served a HOT cup of coffee!
Anyway; back to the hotel, sat by the pool, relaxed, ate, drank and sat in the hot tub after dinner..........
........................AND the world did not END!

No comments: