Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Matching Pair

When getting ready to clean the other day I got out the rubber gloves (rather more plain than these), remembered a day when I first moved to Surrey, we were unpacking our things, trying to join together two households (not an easy task) when George mused "Hmm wonder why I kept this; one glove by itself isn't much good". Well that's true I'm thinking, when it comes to rubber gloves & cleaning you really do need a matching pair; at least a pair. Without comment though, I carried on unpacking then found occasion to utter the same comment......"Hmm wonder why I kept this; one glove by itself isn't much good". I looked at George's one glove; I looked at my one glove; He had saved a left hand glove; I, a right; smiling I held up a matching pair...(a message given us....?)

2 comments:

Twilla Boyce said...

This is a lovely story! You should write it out formally and submit it to an appropriate market (Canadian Writer's Guide -online). It's something one would see in a movie! So sweet and genuine.

Anonymous said...

Cool! Ditto Twilla's comment - perfect piece for a romance movie/novel/story.

Glad you found your match!