Friday, December 18, 2009

Precious Times

Every day we have precious times.
Because life gets in the way & I sometimes forget, I have to remind myself often to grab these moments, put them inside my heart & hold on tight. These precious times pass but the memories stored away will last forever. We got a chance to store more memories last night. Aaron & Katie came for dinner & we exchanged Christmas gifts (Aaron will be away in Hawaii & Katie at her home for Christmas this year). We are always happy when they get spare time in their busy schedules & share some of it with us. I love you guys....thanks for making more special memories with us.
This time of year usually brings some sadness for me as I remember a daughter no longer with us. It's difficult to remember (always) that her purpose here was done & she had to move on but I have many precious times shared with her over the years to remember.......I just need to bring them out from inside my heart & I do that, often.
I hope you will remember to grab the precious times, put them inside your heart & hold on tight. Let not one pass without savouring & saving it.

1 comment:

Twilla Boyce said...

Funny how those special little times occur without planning. Sarah, my new daughter-in-law spent the evening with us while Logan worked a late shift. We visited, she helped me on the computer and showed me some new features of my new blackberry. It was good company and left me feeling refreshed although it was very late when they left. A precious moment, indeed.