Thursday, December 17, 2009

More Missing Pieces

I have many fond memories of our trip as I try to fill in more missing pieces. George had to go back to work on Nov 25 so luckily he got a couple days to recouperate before that. Since we got back there has been a couple doctors appointments, a dentist appointment, a hair appointment, a grooming for Mocha as well as trip to the Vet for shots. Somewhere in there we had a bit of Christmas shopping to do & some house cleaning. The Christmas spirit so far has escaped me; not sure why but this year Christmas doesn't have the same feel; I'm actually looking forward to it being over.
We have had a covering of snow (Dec 14 & 15) then on the 16th the rain came & took it all away. I don't miss driving in the winter snow but there is something nice about a 'white Christmas'.........(Albertan at heart).
So I think I have (more or less) filled in all the missing pieces. It's now Dec 17 with a week to go til Christmas. Aaron & Katie are coming over today; I'm looking forward to that (always nice to have them visit). I wish my other family was closer so I could see them more often; I miss them.

1 comment:

Twilla Boyce said...

Christmas has always carried a sad tone to it for me. This year is no exception. I will relish the high points and endure the low. I'm looking forward to the beginning of a new year.