Friday, January 22, 2010

Off to the Desert Again

.......and it's off to the desert we are again; leaving Saturday 23rd returning Monday 1st (all going well). We are going to clear out the house for the possibility of renters (George's dad's place). The weather should be nice and warm although not the stifling heat we experienced when last there in July.
Ajo (pronounced Ah Ho) is a couple of hours or so from either Phoenix or Tucson & is just a small town with few shopping options, so anything major required involves almost a full day by the time you travel there, shop and return. Not convenient but it's what is on our plate at the moment.
George is also going to engage another lawyer to look after the estate because the first one it seems has disappeared, not answering phone calls, emails or even calls from the Bar Association (another story all on its own). So we shall be busy I think!
George's brother will be meeting us there this time so we will have help & that is definitely a good thing...:):)
Our flight leaves at 8:15 out of Seattle on Saturday so I think we will be up and on our way before breakfast. We will have to leave home (coffee cup in hand) at around 3:00 am. Mocha will be staying at our landlord's place; we will have to take her there tonight; I somehow think they might not like to be awakened at 2:30 am to receive my little Mocha.
So......absent I will be (although not without leave) for just over a week; I will report fully on my return......:):)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip Grace.

hmmm, going somewhere warm in winter - I'd love to! I imagine it's more business (and a bit of work)than pleasure but I'm sure you'll find a way - enjoy!